The grooming equipment consists of a high table with attachments to the collar to avoid any untimely movement of the dog, especially when using the scissors; a mower with several combs, essential for Poodles; a detangler for long or curly hairs; several pairs of scissors , straight, curved, serrated; a hand comb to fluff the hair; finally with a thinning knife .
Having the material is not enough, you still have to know how to use it. The technique has evolved enormously over the centuries.
Today, grooming takes place in three stages:
- the shampoo , soft and suitable for dog hair, to remove dust and skin debris that can tarnish the coat;
- cutting in two stages :
1. mowing, often reserved for Poodles, requires a certain precision so as not to leave traces of the comb and allow uniform regrowth over the entire mowed area;
2. stripping: it is about hair removal by hand or with a knife comb. This step is especially useful for hard-haired dogs, in order to remove larger hairs and to standardize the coat;
- trimming, or modeling of the dress , with a thinning knife or a comb.
To all this add the toilet care that the owner regularly provides: cleaning the eyes, removing ears (to avoid spikelets in summer and making it easier to clean the ears), descaling the teeth if necessary , cut the nails and check the integrity of the pads.
This is the general approach to grooming. Obviously, each dog grows differently. Here are some examples:
- for short hairs (such as Dalmatians or Labradors), disentangling is unnecessary; if necessary, in the moulting period, a simple hard brush is sufficient. To give a shiny appearance to the hairs, typical of these breeds, you can use a leather glove and then a chamois to polish the hair;
- for a long or medium-long coat (German Shepherd, Spitz, Spaniel), avoid removing live hair or breaking it with too hard material. So the use of a weeder is much more appropriate;
- for long, straight or curly hairs (Afghan, Chow-Chow, Bichon) untangling is necessary to remove dead hairs. The fine-tuning consists, at the Chow-Chow, of giving volume to the dress by puffing it up against the grain or, at the Fox, of equalizing the beard to obtain a square head;
- finally, the case of the Poodle is by far the most complicated. Several shears are allowed, in particular the shearing "lion" (helmet, sleeve and pompom), the shearing with langlaise (hairs combed behind and retained by a ribbon, shorn muzzle), the shearing "zazou" (feet and shorn body, helmet sheep, muzzle and ears clipped).
Artero Black 2 Motores Artero Black 2 Motores
Artero Technics extreme ejector 2m Artero Technics extreme ejector 2m
The reference in the world of dryers! The Supajet remains unmatched. Convection motor with bluffing properties! Indispensable to any self-respecting groomer! The reference in the world of dryers! The Supajet remains unmatched. Convection motor with bluffing properties! Indispensable to any...
New generation professional expeller for canine hair styling of an engine, equipped with a heat resistance which regulates the air temperature. New generation professional expeller for canine hair styling of an engine, equipped with a heat resistance which regulates the air temperature.
Ion technology dryer to combat static electricity. Ion technology dryer to combat static electricity.
HÃ©zoÃ¯de Pulseur-drier HÃ©zoÃ¯de Pulseur-drier
Mythos Iron Professional Mythos Iron Professional
Iba 1 100 Drying Cabinets Iba 1 100 Drying Cabinets
Flexo Arm Hand Dryer Flexo Arm Hand Dryer
Airmax Two Engines Expulsor Airmax Two Engines Expulsor
Secador Iba Windmax ejector Secador Iba Windmax ejector
Iba Secador Windmax Pro ejector. Hands free Iba Secador Windmax Pro ejector. Hands free
Iba Turbomax Wall ejector. Two Motors Iba Turbomax Wall ejector. Two Motors
Iba Pro Master Blow ejector. Hands free Iba Pro Master Blow ejector. Hands free
Iba 2-Force Ejector And Dryer Iba 2-Force Ejector And Dryer
Ear protector Ear protector
Secador IbÃ¡Ã±ez PRO MASTER BLOW. Hands free Secador IbÃ¡Ã±ez PRO MASTER BLOW. Hands free
Zero 11 Airy Hand Dryer Zero 11 Airy Hand Dryer